4. Be sure to follow the capacity guidelines established by the manufacturers for your washer and dryer. Over-filling can be taxing on the appliances and could cause mechanical failure. Keep the dryer vent clear to avoid fire hazards and allow for shorter drying times. Routinely clean your washing machine and use the detergent recommended by the manufacturer. For example, some models require the use of high-efficiency detergents.
5. Keep your air conditioner in top shape by periodically cleaning the unit. You can hire a professional to perform this service or you can do it yourself. If you do this job yourself, do your research and be sure to follow all safety precautions. Keeping your unit clean extends its life and can help lower your energy costs.
6. Ensure your garage door is operating effectively by verifying the obstruction sensor is working properly. Inspect the door track to ensure debris has not built up, preventing smooth operation. AHS vendor
7. Test fire alarms regularly and change the batteries at least once a year. A good way to remember this important step is to change the batteries when you “spring forward” and “fall back” for daylight savings time.
8. Change out the ice in the ice maker every few months and replace the filter based on the manufacturer’s recommendation.
9. Have the duct work in your home inspected and cleaned. When having your duct work cleaned, engage a professional company with a good reputation.
10. Test the electrical outlets in your home at least quarterly. Ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) outlets can be tested by pressing the test button and checking that the power goes off with a voltage tester. Voltage testers are inexpensive and can be purchased at your local home improvement store.
Home maintenance will extend the life of your systems and appliances and keep them working efficiently. When repairs or replacements are needed, it’s good to have a home warranty in place. American Residential Warranty, can provide you with peace of mind in knowing that when repairs or replacements are necessary, you will be covered. Our home warranties offer coverage regardless of the age of your home and are not limited to particular brands. We will help you maintain your systems and appliances, while minimizing your out-of –pocket costs for repairs and replacements. ARW is a leader in the American standard warranty industry. As your Home warranty, we provide home warranties to meet all needs and budgets. AHS vendor